Cleaning > Cleaning

Cheap steam carpet cleaning solution

(1/3) > >>

williamscott395:
The best cleaner for me is the steam cleaner. It is convenient to use.

Sakirjaman:
Hi i am going to share some carpet cleaning Secrets

Detergent attracts dirt. This is why itís important to rinse out any cleaning solution thoroughly. This is another reason why hot water extraction gets carpet cleaner than the ďdryĒ methods. The bottom line is that you need to rinse well when you clean carpet.

One way to clean stains is with the use of a shop-vac. No, you canít just apples out the stain, but you can repeatedly wash and rinse the area, and apples out the solution each time. This is a more effective method than blotting up the water with cloth, mostly because you wonít have the patience to wash, rinse and extract enough times using paper towels or cloth.

Another little secret of the carpet cleaners is putting rugs outside and inside the front door. They can catch much of the dirt that people bring in on their feet. This isnít just about less vaccuuming, though. Dirt is like thousands of little blades that cut carpet fibers. The damaged carpet stains more easily then, and itís harder to remove the stains. An even better practice is to take off your shoes in the house.

wlbanks:
Hey Steve, you want to avoid the solutions that come with the rug doctor anyway.  What you really need to do is go to a carpet cleaning solution distributor and get a pre-spray.  I would not skimp on a solution.  It is what separates the soil from the fiber to allow cleaning.  Mixing something up yourself is probably only going to cause you more aggravation in the long run.  We recommend home solutions for spotting, but not carpet cleaning.  And while it is true that vinegar doesn't leave residue, it has no dirt lifting or dirt separation chemical qualities

Hope that info helps.

Laura Bankston
Professional Carpet Cleaner

AnnieHowe:
 :)Another great idea about the Simple Green!  It really does clean everything, doesn't it!! ;D

MomB96:
My carpet was so filthy that I went through the bottle of cleaner I had bought when I rented the machine.  I use Simple Green for so many other things, that I thought I would give it a try.  It worked like a dream and was better than the cleaner they sell you!!!  Like I said, my carpet was filthy, so I did a 1:1 ratio of the Simple Green with water at first.  It's actually pretty powerful stuff, though, so you can change that to a lot less.  I think they even have a recommended ratio right on the container for cleaning carpets.  Yep, it's 1 oz of Simple Green to 4 cups of water, or a 1:30 ratio.

Good luck!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version