The Frugal Life Forum


Author Topic: Faucet gap  (Read 19230 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Faucet gap
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:07:55 PM »
You might be able to buy shorter wall tubes at a pluming supply store. (these are the tubes that the cones screw on to.)


  • Guest
Re: Faucet gap
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 06:16:49 PM »
You might find longer cups at a plumbing supply house.

Vicki Hall

  • Guest
Faucet gap
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 07:34:56 AM »
Found a great tub/shower faucet set, brass with white ceramic handles and cups that bring the faucets out from the wall. Installed pipes/fittings for it, then began putting up plastic tub surround. Now realize that the faucets and water spout will not sit flush against the wall! (about a 1/2" gap behind cups!) Any suggestions as to how to fix this so that the job will still look good? Pipes can't go back further.
Thought of round ceramic tiles or coasters (would need holes drilled in middle for pipes to come through and to be glued to surround) or 2 brass plates, one with three holes and a smaller plate for spout.  Caulk? NOT our strong point! Any suggestion is welcome! Thanks.


With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: