The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: odor  (Read 8346 times)

OliveM

• View Profile
Re: odor
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
The epoxy floors shouldn't have any odor to them. The only thing that I can think that might be causing the smell is that if there's no ventilation in the lanai, the air could get stale in there. The acrylic sliders may be off-gassing which can cause an odor if there's no ventilation. If you open the windows or let air flow through it, does the smell slowly go away?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:27:03 AM by OliveM »
Olive

refuge821

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • Fantastically Frugal
    • View Profile
    • The Nature In Us
Re: odor
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »
Well, my reply suggestion is certainly not cheap, but it's also of use in other areas of the home for not only taking away toxic smells but viruses, etc.  We use a Boomerang Air Santizer to keep our home "detoxed" and maintain a healthier indoor environment, especially in winter when things are usually closed up where we live in Virginia. 

I know the Boomerang has been used in nail salons to clear out the smell, so that impressed me greatly before we purchased one.  Here's a website with information on them: 
www.boomerangairsanitizer.com
The Nature In Us
www.thenatureinus.com
Nature & Travel Photos
donnawatkins.smugmug.com

Marge

odor
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »
 Just bought a home in Fl.  The lanai is enclosed with acrylic sliders.  The floor is painted with an epoxie paint.  We can't stand the smell of the room.  Any suggestions?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: