The Nature In Us
Our Photo Gallery
Silver Shield Aqua Sol
Boomerang Air Sanitizer
The Herbs Place Health News

Ants article
The Frugal Life Forum
October 02, 2014, 12:22:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Ants article  (Read 44862 times)

Cinnamon Vogue

CEYLON CINNAMON LEAF OIL TO GET RID ANTS
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »

Cinnamon Oil is the best black ant repellent. It's natural, nontoxic and smells great and better than anything out there. The Cinnamon Leaf oil mixed water (2% Cinnamon Leaf oil is fine) will get rid of the black ants within minutes. This is because Cinnamon Leaf Oil messes up the ant's sense of smell which is vitally important to them.

Spray the affected area and wipe it down with a micro fiber cloth. It is actually a good idea spray your whole kitchen or bathroom. Inside the cupboards too.

One of the great benefits of Cinnamon Oil is that you can use it on any surface. Even your fruit bowl and the fruits. Gets rid of those tiny fruit flies and the fruits are safe to eat every if they are covered in the spray. (If you exceed the 2% ratio of Cinnamon Oil it will burn your mouth a little though). Use it inside your refrigerator or on your cutting board to get rid of Salmonella.

Regular use of Cinnamon leaf oil will also stop all kinds of other house insects like roaches from coming. Keeps away rats too. And if you have plants with flowers that do not need to be pollinated, then you can safely spray all your indoor plants to keep away all kinds of tiny insects and get rid any fungus problems on the leaves.

The scent of Cinnamon is well known to increase alertness, memory skills and improve your mood. That should get rid of your foul mood after battling the ants. :-)

Alta Sierra Pest Control

Maybe cheap, sounds like a lot of work.
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »

If you've tried all of these and it hasn't worked yet then you're likely fighting a larger battle. You should have your situation evaluated by a pest control speapplest to avoid over-exposing your home to ants.

staceybeck01

re: ants article
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  I do not do well with bugs at all, especially in my home.  I'll try out some of these tips and tricks, if not I'll just call a Houston exterminato but I would love to get rid of them and save money.

Note: Link removed my moderator
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:07:28 PM by Forum Admin »

Cotopaxi

• View Profile
Re: Ants article
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »

Seriously, take an industrial strength vacuum cleaner to them! it will get rid of a good chunk for their numbers if you manage to find the center of the ant colony, thus crippling their network! You might spend a good minute trying to clean the filter afterwards... But well worth the satisfaction of the mass insecticide you will inflict while not using harmful chemicals!
My homepage - http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ants-c-1.html

Satako

this part got me:
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »

"My husband was in conversation recently with a gentleman in the pest control business. This man preferred to use environmentally safe methods to control pests. His recommendation for ants was: equal parts Windex and Ivory Soap. Simply mix, and spray problem areas."

Um, since when is Windex environmentally safe???

Dee Ann

Diatomaceous Earth
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2012, 05:29:20 PM »

Probably spelled it wrong, but I think a write up on Diatomaceous Earth should be added to this article.

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »

You might try what reply #90 is discussing.  Especially the part of the post at the bottom which discusses how to work when there is no mound present.

Additionally, start at the beginning of this thread and examine and utilize each suggestion you haven't tried.

Hope that helps.

Shantele

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2012, 06:22:16 AM »

Hello,

I have little tiny ants in my kitchen and what looks like now house.  I live in a 300yr old house, so the tiles in my kitchen are perfect for the ants to crawl inside and make a nest.  I have used everything eco friendly & also acids and sprays to get rid of them, but nothing seems to be working....As well, with my little son, I really wants these out..they only came inside because I brought a plant from outside in...  Could someone please help??  Thank you!!

Tyler

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2012, 04:59:00 AM »

Ok I like to sit in the basement Play video games have a good time but one day I opened a pop and set it down for
A minute went to pick it up an the entire pop can was coverd
In ants these ant have been here a while and I Havnt minded but after this I'm pissed I can't eat any food without ants every where I need a really afective way to get these gone

Mindy

BUGS!! INCLUDING ROACHS AND ANTS
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

I HAVE TRIED EVERY THING THAT I CAN THINK OF TO KILL THEM. MY HUSBAND KNEW BOUT THIS STUFF YOU CAN GET AT FEED STORE CALLED VIPER. IT WORKS EVERY TIME FOR THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS. IT DON'T ONLY GET RID OF ANTS IT GETS RID OF ALL LITTLE BUGS! LOVE IT I BY VIPER AND KEEP IT UNDER MY SINK JUST IN CASE I NEED TO SPRAY HOUSE AND YARD AGAIN.

roy

ants
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »

LEARN HOW TO GO AFTER THE QUEEN ANT....THIS WIPES THE WHOLE COLONY OR COLONIES...GETS RID OF ALL ANTS.................I HAVE KILLED OUT, DID NOT MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE, FIRE ANT BEDS WITH ORANGE OIL.....LIKE 10AM IN MORNING, 3 OR 4 OZ TO GAL OF WATER, SOAK BED, KILL QUEEN AND YOU HAVE WON....SUGAR ANTS, 50 PERCENT BORAXO AND 50 PERCENT PLAIN SUGAR....ANTS TAKE POISON BACK TO QUEEN, ZAP YOU WIN AGAIN.....WORKS FOR ME....

Natasha M Lytell

night of the ants
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2012, 06:47:34 PM »

i have ants bad. i have tried all the above mentioned natural cures. nothing is helping or works. what do i do they are everywhere?

Jazel

Ant
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2012, 06:36:16 PM »

Ijust spray with WOW the ant die but more come from diffreny sides

Neil

ants
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2012, 02:09:58 AM »

As I was reading, an ant was crawling on me while laying in bed.

Leo

Co-Exist
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »

I have co-existed with ants for the last 10 years. Our house is built on an ant hill. I mean no mater where I dig in the yard I get ants. But I have over the years trained them not to cross my patios or climb on my walls. Every year, I get one or two large ant trails ( two to three inches wide) going from one side of the yard to the other right over my patio. What I do is spray the edges of the patio and sweep the ones in the middle off the patio and change their path. I like to think of it as a mutual respect thing. They move and I dont declare war on them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

+ Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.
Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Name of site? Hint: thefrugalli*e: