The Nature In Us
Our Photo Gallery
Silver Shield Aqua Sol
Boomerang Air Sanitizer
The Herbs Place Health News

Lady bugs
The Frugal Life Forum
August 29, 2014, 06:01:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lady bugs  (Read 6420 times)

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Lady bugs
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 07:52:55 AM »

I found this at http://www.ladybuglady.com

6. How can I get them out of my house?
A. If you don't have a lot, just leave them. They will leave when spring arrives. Disturbing them will only cause them to stress out leaving yellow markings on your walls. The yellow stuff, you see, is not waste matter, but rather, their blood. Ladybugs release a small amount of their blood which is yellow and smells, when they sense danger. Some people have said that it does stain on light colored surfaces.

Daniel

Ladybugs
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »

I live in California and they are also coming into my room. For the past few weeks I have been taking them outside and putting them on our rose bushes, but they kept coming back. Now I just read this article and found out why they come inside my house. But, I would like to know if I should just leave them in my room and let them be or keep taking them outside every morning. I don't want to kill them and I don't mind them hibernating in my room. Just want to know what would be best for them. Please reply if you know what I should do. Thanks!

Viva

Black wings
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »

if you captured a ladybug what happens when its wings are balck?

storygirl

ladybugs are cool
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 09:22:32 PM »

i love your article

Loria Farruggia

Lady Bugs Infested!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »

I am to the point I don't want to get in my bed at night ,I will make sure they are all gone and wake up with them hitting me in face.What do I do I got up this morning and my ceiling in bedroom looked spookie with these critters.I hate them want them gone pls help. Thank You Loria Farruggia

Private

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:52:22 AM »

I find it interesting you said they dont like dark colored houses my house is filled with them and I live in a cedar home thats pretty dark and my walls are brown and red. I am sick of these things ahhhh!

Randal

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 08:46:48 AM »

In reference to the comment above about biting, check this link out: http://www.thenatureinus.com/2008/05/do-ladybugs-bite.html Editor

m catone

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:22:27 PM »

I live. In east. Tm and i have been vacuum.img all day and they do bite i want them gone.

Chris

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 12:42:10 PM »

I have them too, on my white colored vinly siding. In the midwest, they come from the fields once the crops are harvested, thier natural habitat having been removed. I tried caulking around vents & pipes, which works to some degree. Also try adding weatherstripping along window screens, which often don't fit tightly to the window frame. The best thing for me was spraying the exterior of my house & windows with a mix of cypermethrin insecticide (powder) & water. This is residual for weeks and may not appear to work instantly, but the number of dead bugs you will see outside is proof it works. What bugs do get in, will die shortly after since they passed through the insecticide on the way in. Also stopped beetles, flies, & spiders effectively (the dead bugs are the proof). You can buy cypermethrin powder from a licensed pest controller or online.

acad

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 01:57:05 PM »

at my house i have really high windows that you cant reach without a ladder. we dont have a ladder. there are TONS of lady bugs on that window sill, and on the ceiling. what should i do????

shamun

• God Member
    • View Profile
Lady bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »

Nice article
Pages: [1]

+ Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.
Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Name of site? Hint: thefrugalli*e: