The Herbs Place
Healthy Pet Corner
Life's Abundance
The Nature In Us
Our Photo Gallery
Silver Shield Aqua Sol
Boomerang Air Sanitizer
The Herbs Place Health News

Author Topic: Olive oil for skin moisturizer  (Read 9611 times)

refuge821

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • Fantastically Frugal
    • View Profile
    • The Nature In Us
Re: Olive oil for skin moisturizer
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:18:29 AM »
I've been using cold-pressed olive oil for many years as a moisturizer (facial and body and feet).  I add a favorite essential oil chosen for aroma or having properties that you want for your skin.  I'm in my 60's so I like to use Frankincense since it's good for aging skin.  It is also good for "brain fog" and removing excess energy which is wonderful for nighttime ... but I also find that it makes me more peace and calm during the day when I use it in the AM. 
More info on Essential Oils

After a shower you can rub on a light coating of olive oil and it is absorbed quickly.  I like to use it after I wash my face at night, then rub some on my arms and legs if dry, and then as I get into bed I do my feet.  I always feel like my body is being transformed overnight.  I use a small pump bottle since you do NOT need much of it .  It spreads easily and lasts a long time.  I use 3 oz. of olive oil and 25 drops of essential oil.  There are a lot of things you can make with essential oils.  Here's some recipes.

The really cool thing is that I can use this in the summer without feeling all greasy and smothered which is the effect of the creams and lotions. If you have a stuffy nighttime nose, you might want to use Eucalyptus.  Clary Sage is good for dry skin. 

Another cool thing is that it's so inexpensive since a bottle of essential oils is the cost of a jar of face cream and sometimes less depending on what you choose.  100% pure oils are necessary though, if you want more than just the scent.  Some essential oils are sold with the bottle being mostly cheap oil.  A quality product will give you the results you want since the properties are there and not watered or oiled down.
The Nature In Us
www.thenatureinus.com
Nature & Travel Photos
donnawatkins.smugmug.com

Pete

temper your oil first
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:04 PM »
I heat olive oil to the point where there is a nice floral scent to it.

The Frugal Life Forum

temper your oil first
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:49:04 PM »

CATHY SCAIFE

Re: Olive oil for skin moisturizer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »
what do you think about using vaseline on the lips at night to keep them moist? What do you suggest for a foot potion to keep feet from feeling rough? I give myself a pedicure every couple of weeks, however, using a cream regularly is a great idea, right. Thanks, Cathy :)

shamun

• God Member
    • View Profile
Olive oil for skin moisturizer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »
Nice article

The Frugal Life Forum

Olive oil for skin moisturizer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:18 AM »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Name of site? Hint: thefrugalli*e: