The Frugal Life Forum

Guest


Author Topic: NO BLEACH!  (Read 8220 times)

washgirl

  • Guest
Re: NO BLEACH!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »
Use Borax and water.....Make a thick paste of the borax and put it on the mold.  Let it be for about a half hour then rinse clean

Mandi

  • Guest
Re: NO BLEACH!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:47:28 PM »
We have mold and mildew in our shower too. I used bleach to clean it and it just seamed to bleach the color of the mold away rather than killing it. It then came back twice as strong. I wasn't aware of the teatree being effective, definately trying this ASAP!

R Anderson

  • Guest
NO BLEACH!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 02:26:02 AM »
Do NOT use bleach!!!! Yes, it removes the appearance of mold more quickly, but doesn't kill it. Bleached mold will return. Vinegar, Tea Tree oil or eucalyptus oil is a safer, more effective and permanent solution as they can be used regularly to safely kill mold and keep it from returning. All of these have strong odors, but those dissipate quickly.

 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: