The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Re: natural cleaners  (Read 17273 times)

dynamic1

Re: natural cleaners
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 02:35:19 PM »
Does anyone know of any natural steam cleaning solution?

I appreciate any info...

Thanks

Query

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 11:55:32 AM »
I use Bi-o-Kleen's cleaner / degreaser for everything except windows and laundry. It's really economical when you buy it in bulk, and it works better than other cleaners I've used. I use it in various dilutions for everything from produce to my Floormate.

Their premium laundry soap is also a steal @ 18 cents or less per load and it has an oxygen cleaner in it so you never need additives. I use only half the scoop for permanent press, too, so that saves!

Vinegar & water for windows, of course, as CSinbad mentioned!

CSinbad

• God Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:29:45 PM »
Baking Soda and İVinegar clean drains when mixed. İAdd hot water after it stops foaming. İBaking Soda replaces powder cleaners for the tub and Vinegar clears out hard water and some rust marks. İAnd if you use Vinegar (let sit 3 minutes then rinse and dry) and then Peroxide (let sit 3 minutes then rinse dry) you will sanitize your counters. İVinegar is also a great natural wash for vegetables. İAnd there are tons of natural products that are cheaper and better (nontoxic). Heck you can use corn starch to clean things (I think even windows) and vinegar mixed with water works wonders on windows.  
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 02:54:06 AM by CSinbad »
CSINBAD

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: