The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: cayenne pepper in your garden  (Read 19289 times)

pgoossen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: cayenne pepper in your garden
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 07:11:16 PM »
Well said.  You can use ladybugs to deter some pests, mainly insects but pets should be kept in private property and not left to roam.

poochlover

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: cayenne pepper in your garden
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 12:18:56 PM »
I've tired moth balls because the rabbits were eating my new seedlings in my flower garden AND my rosebushes.  I thought the moth balls would keep cats out too.
My husband thought a bunny was in the garden the other day and he looked again and a CAT was laying in my flower garden amongst the moth balls!  I don't want to hurt a cat with pepper or whatever, but I do believe people should keep their cats indoors to protect them.  No pets should be outside roaming around - cats OR dogs. ;)

kim mulek

cayenne pepper in your garden
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 11:01:58 AM »
i saw that some body suggested using cayenne pepper in the garden to deter pests....do not use this!  if a cat gets it on his feet later when he grooms himself he could get it in his eyes...i have read that cats have litterally scratched their eyes out over this...please be careful!  thank you

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: