The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: crockpot recipes  (Read 23000 times)

CSinbad

Re: crockpot recipes
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 09:06:55 PM »
My basic recipe for stew is:

Stew Meat 1/2 lb.-1lb.
Cut potatoes (6 medium size) ›
2 large carrots
1 large onion
Oregano ›1/2 t ›[can't get it to type correctly another word comes out instead, tea sthingy] ›
1/2 t salt (more if you like salt)
green beans (1 16oz. cans worth or 2 handfuls fresh/frozen)
1-3 minced piece(s) of garlic if you want
2-3 cups of water
2-3 bouillon cubes or beef broth (Subapplesute for the water)

Put all ingredients in a large crock pot. (For small ones cut down on your ingredients.) ›Cook on low 6-8 hours. ›Serve with a salad and you have a healthy good meal.

› ›  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 09:18:21 PM by CSinbad »

sjgomes

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 02:08:44 PM »
I got tons on www.RecipeGoldmine.com really inventive unusual recipes there too, as well as homemade cleaners and such.

mom2caroline

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 11:10:09 AM »
thanks for the tip!  i've also gotten slow-cooker recipes from about.com -- they've got tons of them, arranged by category (poultry, 6 ingredients or less, e.g.).

gotta love that crockpot!!

jill

lararush

crockpot recipes
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 01:58:03 PM »
Hi fellow frugals!!  :)

Try tastycrockpotrecipes.net. They have some great recipes, including dessert, dip, & drink ones.  They also have an archive & a weekly newsletter of new recipes if you subscribe.  Love the forum & newsletter, there are really some useful tips!!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: