The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Wallpaper paste remover  (Read 23003 times)

Amandastrasner

• View Profile
Re: Wallpaper paste remover
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »
You can try Def it is in a spray bottol

vlozano

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »
You can also try a heat gun to melt/remove whatever adhesive is holding the paper to the wall.

tomd7735

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »
You could try vinegar and hot water on a small area, about 1 to 5 mixture with hot water being the 4 parts of the mix.

Tobster

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:30:02 PM »
If the problem was the paste, then I'd say warm water followed by a scraper should work. I had a similar problem but with drywall. The paper had adhered so tightly to the drywall that it actually removed the outer layer of the drywall! No matter what I did, the walls were left looking gouged. Spackling on drywall compound to fill the gouges is the only reasonable solution. I'm not sure what to do about plater, though.

If a wall has never been painted before then it needs to be properly prepared prior to using wallpaper!

asunbeam

Wallpaper paste remover
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »
I have wallpaper in my bathroom the paper is already remove but it is all pitted underneath i dont know if  that is from the paste or if it is plaster i tried to sand it with a real course paper for stripping and i also tried to use a wallpaper scraper but nothing seems to be working very well i need HELP!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: