The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Wallpaper paste remover  (Read 23533 times)

Amandastrasner

• View Profile
Re: Wallpaper paste remover
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »
You can try Def it is in a spray bottol

vlozano

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »
You can also try a heat gun to melt/remove whatever adhesive is holding the paper to the wall.

tomd7735

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »
You could try vinegar and hot water on a small area, about 1 to 5 mixture with hot water being the 4 parts of the mix.

Tobster

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 12:30:02 PM »
If the problem was the paste, then I'd say warm water followed by a scraper should work. I had a similar problem but with drywall. The paper had adhered so tightly to the drywall that it actually removed the outer layer of the drywall! No matter what I did, the walls were left looking gouged. Spackling on drywall compound to fill the gouges is the only reasonable solution. I'm not sure what to do about plater, though.

If a wall has never been painted before then it needs to be properly prepared prior to using wallpaper!

asunbeam

Wallpaper paste remover
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »
I have wallpaper in my bathroom the paper is already remove but it is all pitted underneath i dont know if  that is from the paste or if it is plaster i tried to sand it with a real course paper for stripping and i also tried to use a wallpaper scraper but nothing seems to be working very well i need HELP!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: