The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: covering a couch  (Read 18758 times)

tomd7735

Re: covering a couch
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »
Many mattresses are made with layers of foam. If you could salvage a few of these, you'd have plenty of foam. I'd spray them down with lysol and let them air-dry sufficiently to remove any odor. Try to avoid children's mattresses!

Vonnie

Re: covering a couch
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
Go to a store, craft, fabric or even Walmart and find the pillow inserts.  (ask for help if you need it!)  There will be stuffing material there as well.  :)

whmom35

covering a couch
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 04:16:48 PM »
I am wanting to cover my couch. The problem is it is an old couch with very little padding. All of the slip covers now days are for very padded furnature. I can buy a slip cover, but it won't fit my couch. Can any one tell me how to put extra padding on the furnature? I don't know what the padding would actually be called either so that I can go buy it and how much would I need for the arms and the back. I would also like to have more of a cushion to sit on. Do you have ideas on how to accomplish this also. In total, I have  a couch, love seat, and recliner that I would like to recover and have extra padding added to them.  Thank you for any advice you may have.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: