The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Old label residue on plastic  (Read 18370 times)

Linda Wilkey

Re: Old label residue on plastic
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 11:15:44 AM »
rubbing vegtable oil on the spot will dissolve it.  Leave it on overnight and just rub it with you finger.  It will wash right off in hot, soapy water.

AMG

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 12:41:34 AM »
I've had great success with a product called Goo Gone.  It can be found in Walmart, Kroger, just about any discount store and a lot of grocery stores.  It doesn't cost much and goes a long, long way.

Hope this helps, good luck!

felix

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 02:19:56 AM »
WD-40 (or other similar type of spray-lubricant) works very well in removing old label residue.  Spray it on the residue, allow it to sit for a minute, and it should come off with a paper towel very easily.  If the residue is not thick sometimes you can just spray WD-40 onto the paper towel and rub the residue off with it.  Good luck!

Mickey

Old label residue on plastic
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 04:21:56 PM »
I need some suggestions on how to clean old label residue from the face of plastic drawers in some wood cabinets I have.  I estimate the labels were in place 20 years.  The paper labels are brittle but come off easily.  Not so with the adhesive residue.  I'm trying not to mar the plastic. ???

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: