The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Looking for bamboo  (Read 17730 times)

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
  • God Member
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for bamboo
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 05:47:20 PM »
Another problem that somebody I knew had ... was that his bamboo had grown over into the neighboring property and created a big problem for him in getting it removed and trying to keep it from spreading back in.

We've used Leyland Cypress, as Robin mentioned, and really like the look better also.  If you like birds, they will appreciate the dense evergreen foilage too.

You might read the posts on bamboo at this area of the forum:
http://www.thefrugallife.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Gardening;action=display;num=1045557401
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 05:49:28 PM by admin »

RobinS

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • banditsbuddies.com
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for bamboo
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 01:51:23 PM »
Bamboo is not a native plant, so when it grows, it has runners that go underground and before you know it, can take over your entire yard and it is very very hard to get rid of.  I have heard that if you want a bamboo forest, put a very deep cement trench around it so it will not escape.

Other options that grow quickly are Leland Cypress....they grow tall, stay green and won't take over your whole yard.
A Natural Approach to Life for you and your Pet.
www.banditsbuddies.com

Mibbles

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Looking for bamboo
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 02:38:42 PM »
We have a long, thin property, and a field behind.  A developer has bought the field....   We'd like to plant bamboo as a screen/fence.  I know often folks are very anxious to get rid of bamboo, and we realize that it can be quite invasive.  But then, so can developers. ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: