The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Frugal Reading  (Read 18704 times)

refuge821

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • Fantastically Frugal
    • View Profile
    • The Nature In Us
Re: Frugal Reading
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »
Have you heard of Book Swim?  Similar to the Netflix idea but with books:

http://www.thenatureinus.com/2008/08/calling-all-book-worms.html
The Nature In Us
www.thenatureinus.com
Nature & Travel Photos
donnawatkins.smugmug.com

Old_Knitter

Re: Frugal Reading
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:31:53 AM »
I'm a member and I love it.  It costs about $2.50 to mail a paperback.  That is a lot less expensive than buying the book in most cases.

At this point their library is extensive.  you will most often find the book you want.

I received 5 paperbacks this week through them.

LynnM

Frugal Reading
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 06:13:40 PM »
Love to read?  Check out www.paperbackswap.com!  All you need to join is 9 paperback books that you'd like to swap; list them and you'll get 3 credits right off the bat.  When people request them, you just pay the media mail charge ($1.59 for most books), send it to the requestor and you get another credit.  You can post a "wish list" of books you would like, and when someone offers one, they'll e-mail you to ask if you still want it; if you do, they'll send it to you and all it costs you is one credit.  To get my 9 books to join, I went to a book sale our local county library was having and got my 9 paperbacks for 50 cents each!  Thrift shops and yard sales would also be good places to find inexpensive paperbacks.  If you do decide to join, please give them my user name (Lynn M. from Chico, CA) and nickname (officerripley) and I'll get a credit; thanks!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: