The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Making Nail Polish Last Longer  (Read 17962 times)

boogles5

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Making Nail Polish Last Longer
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 02:30:45 PM »
Also, I read in a magazine that a manicure can be prolonged by periodically doing touch-ups over the tips of your nails, which are vulnerable to typing, finger-tapping, etc.  Make sure you actually pull the brush over the top of the nail.  

boogles5

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Making Nail Polish Last Longer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »
I know this isn't a very 'natural' or 'frugal' suggestion, but it will probably make one or your usual manicuresor pedicures last three times longer--thus saving frustration, time, and, of course, nail polish and remover.  OPI has a wonderful product called ChipSkip that is applied first to the nails, before anything else.  It is recommended that you then apply basecoat, but I skipped that and went straight to two coats of OPI polish, and then the base/top coat.  I am convinced the ChipSkip worked wonders, because my pedicure has lasted long over a week, and still looks like it was applied yesterday.  I have done the base coat/ 2 coats of polish/ top coat for a long time, but the pedicure never lasted more than five days.  

refuge821

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • Fantastically Frugal
    • View Profile
    • The Nature In Us
Making Nail Polish Last Longer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:42:17 PM »
Nail polish will last long and go on smoother if you clean your fingernails with white vinegar before applying polish.
The Nature In Us
www.thenatureinus.com
Nature & Travel Photos
donnawatkins.smugmug.com

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: