Author Topic: Bees  (Read 18884 times)

RobinS

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • banditsbuddies.com
    • View Profile
Re: Bees
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:06:25 PM »
I had this happen a couple times inside a place and I painted it with sunshine concentrate and it definitely did the trick, and safe for the environment too.
A Natural Approach to Life for you and your Pet.
www.banditsbuddies.com

Re: Bees
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »
Wow! Thanks a lot. I will be doing this. I have been wondering about what to do about that for years. Your right, they are wasps.

sharingsunshine

• YaBB Administrator
  • Frugal is Fun
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Life News Blog
Wasps in Birdhouses
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 08:16:35 AM »
You probably have paper wasps in the birdhouses.  They commonly build there on the inside roof of the nest box.  Use the end of a stick from the ground to knock off the wasp nest while wearing a pair of gloves to protect you from wasp stings. They are usually out and about during the afternoon which is a good time to do it.  Generally they leave one to guard the nest .... but you may be able to find it without any guarding.

They generally build elsewhere if a nest is destroyed, but they might try again in the same spot.  If the wasps repeatedly build in your nest box, coat the inside of the roof with a non-toxic substance like a thin application of Vaseline or Ivory soap: this will prevent them from building but won't bother the birds.

Bees
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 01:13:51 PM »
How can I keep bees out of my birdhouses?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: