The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Great way to store grocery bags.  (Read 35451 times)

Travel Guy

• View Profile
Re: Great way to store grocery bags.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 05:46:50 PM »
We have a plastic unit made for storing bags hanging in our basement stairwell but it is not near the cat's litter box. Using a Kleenex box is a great idea for that!

wenpeek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
I use an empty Dr Pepper (or any soft drink) 12 pk carton to store mine.  The little opening at the top where you open the carton so it can be used as a dispenser is the perfect size to stuff grocery bags into and it holds a ton of them.  I just spray painted it to make it look a little prettier and it fits nicely under my kitchen sink.  ~ Wen
Wendy M. Peek
Life is short! Break the rules...forgive quickly...kiss slowly...love deeply...
laugh uncontrollably...and never regret anything that made you smile." ~ Unknown

blackeyedsusan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »
I used junegem13's idea for rolling up plastic bags and it works really well. It freed up a lot of space in my cabinet.

hallycat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 01:28:21 PM »
Another way to store plastic bags is to take the center tube from paper towels and stuff them into it. they store great. and dont take up much room..

junegem13

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 06:58:50 PM »
My GIL 'reduces' the size of her bags prior to storing- so they take up less space.  She takes the bag (like white thank you grocery, kmart, walmart etc bags) and pulls them into a long strip, then wraps it around her finger and then pulls the end kinda through the loop where her finger was to kinda tie it off.  Hope the 'directions' make sense.  I thought it clever.

RobinS

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • banditsbuddies.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 07:49:46 AM »
That's a great idea...I took an empty gallon water jug, cut a hole in the front and stuff them in there, sits nicely under my sink and I keep one by the kitty box too.  I like the kleenex box too!  Very cool!
A Natural Approach to Life for you and your Pet.
www.banditsbuddies.com

MaudeFlanders

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:42:18 PM »
Great idea. I'll be using the Kleenex box idea soon!

witchiepooh

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Great way to store grocery bags.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 07:54:31 PM »
I found a great way to store grocery bags.  I use left over kleenex or puff boxes and stuff full of bags.   They can then be stored anywhere.   Throw one in the trunk of your vehicle and you will always have a bag when you need one.   I go to sams club and can grab the bags easily to get groceries into the house.    I need a bag there it is.   Never know when you need to put a dirty pair of shoes in a bag or dirty clothes or what ever you need one for it is there.   Another great container is a plastic potato chip container like pringles or lays stax.   Keeps the bags organized and easy to find when you need one.  

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: