The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: No Running water!  (Read 19516 times)

brandyanne

Re: No Running water!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply- we did contact another plumber and he was able to get us water without a new well. He did say that a new sandpoint should be driven at the very least and actually should have a well drilled for the best  results. As for how deep the current sandpoint is I am not sure. Your suggestion of collecting run off sounds like a much cheaper option!
Thanks!

tomd7735

Re: No Running water!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »
How deep is this sand point? Does it rain enough in your area to harvest rainwater? I was thinking you could collect the runoff from your roof and store it in a tank, with a small pump, pressure control, and an expansion tank. Instead of drilling a well.
Depending on the water table, you might be able to hand dig a well. Any springs uphill?

brandyanne

No Running water!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 08:42:22 AM »
I desperately need some frugal help- 8 weeks ago I opened the kitchen faucet and could get no water- tried the whole house- no water. To make a long story short I called a plumber and found out the house has a sand point not a well and that the pipe has a hole in it- it could not pump watre to the house so the water pump birned up and the pressure tank has developed a hole. The plumber said I need to have a well drilled and replace pump and pressure tank- cost 8,000.00 Went to several banks and can not get a loan- we make 29,500 for three people and this is too much to qualify for government assistance. At this point We have been 8 weeks without running water, any suggestiond would be appreciated! I need help! Thanks
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 08:43:13 AM by brandyanne »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: