The Frugal Life Forum

Guest


Author Topic: Mold out of pitcher...  (Read 19323 times)

jeanine

  • Guest
Re: Mold out of pitcher...
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »
Bleach will certainly work and it will be safe to drink out of later.  Just dilute the bleach  - -3 parts water to bleach and allow to sit overnight.  You'll have to wash with lots of dishsoap and water once you have dumped the bleach mixture.  Depending on the type of container the bleach smell will dissappear immediately (glass) or in a few days if left open to the air (plastic).  Good Luck!

Syber

  • Guest
Re: Mold out of pitcher...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:47:31 AM »
Use efferdent or someother "false teeth" cleaner. Put hot water into the item you want to clean and then drop an efferdent tablet into the water. Let it dissolve and sit for awhile. Spill out and rinse with clear water. This is also great for vases. Syber

RobinS

  • Guest
Re: Mold out of pitcher...
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:08:39 AM »
How about rubbing the inside where the mold is with lemon juice and baking soda?

Lizbeth24

  • Guest
Mold out of pitcher...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:38:16 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could get mold out of a pitcher.

I was using it to keep flowers in, completely forgot about it, and ended up with mold on the bottom and a little on the sides.

It's sort of a family memory sort of thing- my grandmother gave it to my cousins- so I don't want to ruin it or get rid of it.

I was thinking of using bleach, but would it be safe to drink out of after?

Thanks!

 

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: