Cleaning > Cleaning

shower cleaning spray

(1/3) > >>

vlozano:
One other idea, actually more of a preventative, is to purchase an inexpensice squeegee.
After every shower, squeegee down the walls before you even step out. I did one good and
thorough cleaning about a year ago using stright vinegar, did the car wax thing (cheap brand
I got at Big Lots) and now I use my squeegee daily. I still keep a bottle of vinegar/water spray
handy for other quick uses around the bathroom. My shower always looks great and best of
all - I'm not afraid of drop in company!

KEMO:
I make my own...get a spray bottle and put some amonia in it and water and alcohol.
I'd say about 1/3 cup amo---and about 1/2 cup alcohol and the rest water.
Careful of fumes .  I just cover my face with a small towel. Spray on ..scrub and dry with clean towel. The alcohol in your bottle also helps drying process so no streaks!

refuge821:
On the idea of using Bounce sheets to clean it ... consider the toxicity of what's in those:
http://www.thenatureinus.com/2008/03/toxic-dryer-sheets-cleaning-supplies.html

We use something called Sunshine Concentrate as our shower gel (watered down 1/2 and 1/2) and can use a variety of scents with essential oil choices.  Since we got off of the liquid soaps or bar soaps as mentioned previously, there's no shower to clean. 

http://www.theherbsplace.com/Sunshine_Concentrate_Cleaner_p_353.html

It's pretty amazing.  About every 3 months we give the sides a once-over and scrub the floor which shows some water staining around the drain where water remains after the shower.  Other than that, it keeps itself clean.  Pretty cool!

Brien:
A previous reply to "I'd like a homemade alternative to the daily shower cleaner spray" said ".....or for tile/grout mix 1/4c warm water, 1c baking soda, 1c ammonia, 1/2c white vinegar....". Surely this should read washing soda??? The baking soda reacts with the vinegar to fizz up. 1 cup seems a lot to dissolve in so little water. Can anyone clarify this?
Thanks, Brien

wjcalderon:
I totally agree with the opinion on Windex (in my case, Wal Mart's version for 97 cents).  It cleans tubs, showers, counter tops, etc.  I especially like the way it works on carpet spots - none of the carpet cleaners even come close.  Just be sure to test it in an inconspicuous place if you have very light colored or white carpet.  You certainly don't need a blue spot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version