The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Chai tea  (Read 18154 times)

alicebluegown

Re: Chai tea
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
Hi, I have used this recipe for years and I love it!  It makes quite a bit but it keeps well and it's wonderful to have any time you want it.  Enjoy!

CHAI TEA MIX

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 heaping cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom

DIRECTIONS:
1.      In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
2.      To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water,

I use hot milk rather than the water.

catoosh2211

Chai tea
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:11:36 PM »
looking for a good easy shai tea recipe, I buy the aussie brand Lipton Chai Latte eight sacket in a box costing close to $6 as I love the taste and use daily I was hopeful of making a recipe at home close to the commercial taste.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: