Cleaning > Cleaning

Help, my frugal homemade dishwasher powder doesn't work!

(1/2) > >>

eileen:
The white vinegar makes a great subsapplesute for fabric softener in the washing machine. The clothes do not smell like vinegar!

Wanda:
I know what you mean.  I tried it (yes, I used washing soda) and it left my dishes flimy & gritty feeling.  I used vinager as a rinse agent, also.  No ill effects on my "glasses", as they're plastic.

Since I live alone & only do one load a week, I decided that getting a good brand name wouldn't break the bank.  The feel if my dishes is so much better!

Beth1968:
What I have found with this recipe is to mix it in with the regular generic brand of dishwashing powder.  Using this recipe with 1 c. of the generic powder, and it works a lot better.  It may sound un-frugal, but what I feel like I'm doing is stretching the generic powder quite a bit, and am still able to use the other ingredients in the laundry soap.  Still better off.
Good luck.

refuge821:
Can you tell me where you saw this?  I assume it's on this forum?  I can't find it.  Wanted to notify the administrator to take it off or change it?

minx:
Hi you need to use "Washing Soda" not baking soda/bicarb of soda.  You can find washing soda in the laundry isle of the supermarket. 
Hope this is helpful. 
1 Tablespoon of Borax
1 Tablespoon of Washing Soda
Use white vinegar as a rinse aid.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version