Cleaning > Cleaning

Cookie Sheet has baked on stains!

(1/2) > >>

Hi - I use a tin foil pan that I line with alum. foil.  When  it gets soiled or spills onit,  I just toss the foil and reline.  When the whole pan gets dirty, I throw it away and replace it.

Life is too short to worry about this! Wash them and rethink how they should be.

We were getting our townhouse ready to sell and I wanted it spotless. I cleaned the oven racks by placing them in a plastic garbage bag, then I sprayed ammonia on the racks and tied up the end of the bag. Left them outside overnight and used the garden hose with nozzle the next morning which washed off ALL the baked on crud.  No scrubbing required. Be sure to do this outside as ammonia fumes are bad.

Have you tried Scotch Brite?  The oven cleaner idea works well too, and requires much less 'elbow work'.

Hi.  I'm new to this type of messaging, but thought I'd share how I clean my baking sheets.  Same thing happened to me and I simply sprayed the cookie sheet (outdoors) with an oven-cleaning spray that doesn't require heat.  I left it overnight, washed it the next day.  Had to repeat, but it came clean as new the second time.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version