Personal Care > Personal Care

Fly Away Hair

(1/3) > >>

boogles5:
To those of you using hand creams and fabric softener sheets to tame your hair, remember that you CAN absorb toxins through your hair follicles, so try to use either 70%organic or Certified USDA Organic creams, and I actually have seen 'natural' brands of fabric softener sheets.  
Of course organic is more expensive -- on the other hand Dove came out with a really great spray; it's called "Sheer Moisture" or something like that and it always smoothes out my hair (I have mid-length hair)- plus it has the cozy signature Dove scent!
If you can afford Aveda, some of their pomades and balms can go a long way if you just put a tiny bit on your finger and rub in a lot of water to make a very lightweight product.
Be frugal, but don't support the use of toxins in cosmetics!

Cyinda:
Washing DRY hair:
I have very dry hair and have a formula that has worked great for me for many years. Every other time I "Wash" my hair I don't use shampoo. I "wash" my hair with conditioner. I comb the conditioner through my hair with a wide tooth comb. Combing it through thoroughly is key! Leaving it in while you shower or bath and then doing it again if it's really dirty. You wouldn't think so, but this not only gets rid of grease, but hairspray build up etc. Try it, Give your hair a break, your hair will thank you!
Also: for fly Away hair a great tip:
Use a Dryer fabric softener sheet. Just rub it lightly down your locks, when hair is dry, before of after styling. You can also add 1 teaspoon of liquid fabric softener to your favorite hair conditioner. This will stop fly always, because these products are made to stop static cling.

*** 2 GREAT products, I can't live without. Use either frizz-eze or Cirti-Shine serum, they have a silicone/dimethlicone type product. I couldn't live without these products on my hair. First I wash & towel dry it, then spray on Infusum 23 leave in hair treatment, Comb through, then apply about a dime size bit of the frizz-eze to your palms and rub hands together, then rub through hair ends. Comb through again, & let dry or blow dry. My hair is very naturally curly and my 27 year old daughter's hair is bone straight. These products work great for both of us!

CSinbad:
I have heard about using dryer softner sheets but forgot to try it.  I will use it tomorrow if my hair starts to fly. Thanks.

Guest:
 ::)I have a daughter who has waist length hair and on days its kinda "fly away " due to static....not because its thin.....is oh so THICK we just rub a fabric softener sheet on it .......and TA-DA calms down the fly aways........and added benifit smells so good ! We usually keep the sheet in her hair stuffs drawer.....continuing to use it until it quits working..... ;)

L in Ohio:
I have found that after you are finished styling your hair as normal, (make sure you used conditioner when you shampooed)  put a little, of any hand cream on your hands as normal, but do not rub all the way in, then wipe your hands down your hair to smooth it.  Keep doing this until all your flyaways are gone.
I have also had someone tell me they spray static guard on their hands and put on their hair the same way as above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version