Personal Care > Personal Care

Re: Hand lotion

(1/2) > >>

boogles5:
I have chronically dry, dry hands, and I have to admit that I'm a smoker and go outside about ten times a day in the winter to smoke, but still, every year I experiment with at least 2 or 3 new brands and nothing seems to give me silky soft hands.  I try B & Body Works, Crabtree & Evelyn (because I like to go 'natural' on most things), and this year I even threw in the towel and just bought a $6 bottle of Olay hand lotion.  Things work for a while, and then they somehow stop working.  The only slightly helpful thing I've found is to exfoliate my hands with any kind of scrub as often as I remember (about once a week).  
Does anyone use those overnight gloves with a particular lotion, and is it effective?  I don't use Vaseline because I"m pretty sure it is a toxin.  
Also, I drink water constantly all day long, so I know that's not the problem.  
Any help?

Forgot to mention -- I'm going very "green" these days, and I am starting to think that the overall quality of my skin has to do not just with smoking but with the soaps/body washes I use.  It's amazing how even the 'good'/'natural' brands can have all sorts of toxins that will easily absorb into your skin.  I'm switching to Dr. Bronner's as soon as I receive my drugstore.com order, because it is a certified USDA Organic brand.

emily1067:
Sometimes more expensive lotions turn out to be cheaper in the long run because you don't have to use as much each time.  The less water a lotion contains, the less you have to use.  I have lotion from Clinique that cost about $35, but I've had it for about a year and there is still half a bottle left.

mrsmarcotte:
I use a salt scrub on my face daily and I never have dry skin. I use no makeup and it stays nice all day. The salt scrub gets all the dead cells off.  I use topping sea salt and about 5 drops of peppermint oil in a cup. It is great.

You  might want to try it instead of using a lotion.

cr:
My dad loves corn huskers lotion. He has very dry hands.

foxxyroxie:
I have a preference to Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter.  I get mine at Family Dollar for $2 or so, but I've also found other brands at dollar stores.  Just a hint though, make sure you smell them first and make sure it is mostly cocoa butter and not just some added.  It should have a creamy nutty smell, you know, like tanning oil.  

Cocoa butter has natural ingredients to help prevent wrinkles, stretch marks (for those who are pregnant).  I've

I use Queen Helene's for face, hands, feet and body.  I've even been known to use it as hair moisturizer during the winter.  Just  apply a dab to hair and scalp, leave in for a few hours or overnight (cover your head so you don't get your pillow and bedding greasy) and shampoo and condition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version