The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Mango Plant  (Read 13362 times)

refuge821

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • Fantastically Frugal
    • View Profile
    • The Nature In Us
Re: Mango Plant
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 09:31:05 PM »
There are so many types of mangos so who knows if they grow one that will work in CT.  Cultivars are absolutely incredible these days.  A website that has a lot of gardening info and forums too for your area is GardenWeb.com:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

Searching there in your area may help you find somebody else that has tried it or has such a plant.
The Nature In Us
www.thenatureinus.com
Nature & Travel Photos
donnawatkins.smugmug.com

Joe

Mango Plant
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 03:01:12 PM »
 I live in Norwalk , Connecticut.. I managed to grow a Mango Plant. It is now about 7 months old and about 6 inches high. I have been trying to keep the soil its in (the pot) moist and water it once every 6 days. But I have no idea why a couple of the leaves start to dry up. Is it possible that I may be giving it too much water. Also, I keep this potted plant in my back porch which is also warm like the rest of the house. I am told that this area of the north east of CT is too cold to grow mangoes outside. As this plant grows I intend to transfer it into a larger pot and keep it inside.

I like to hear your thoughts. Thank you...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: