Finances > Finances

Stackable washer and dryer

(1/3) > >>

daybyday:
I have the Whirlpool Duet front loaders. I insisted on the pedestal bases because of back strain.  I love them.  Washes better and gentler, less water.  I can only add a garment when the light indicates. After that the machine will stop the cycle. No big problem for me.  I can't use the low suds detergent as I find it only in Tide Original scent.  My family needs the Tide Free.  So I use the Tide Free and by trial and error have found the perfect amount for different loads.  Down side was the delivery of the units.  They were to go into my basement.  Had to come through the front door. They are very very heavy.  They just made it through.  So if we ever move, they stay and are added in the cost of the house, and I will buy new ones.  Better than chancing a hole in the wall (again :)), or damage to the unit in transport.

tlbuck:
Haier does have the washer/dryer combos these days.

Check with Best Buy to see if they have any in stock.

Tobster:
This is definitly a late reply, 2 years after the original. I cannot read these posts without sharing my own excitement over my stackable front load washer and dryer! This has been my all time greatest appliance investment. These washers use half the water. You can stuff them full and do double loads and your clothes still come out clean. My front loader will actually pay for itself within 10 years from reduced water, sewage and electric bills. They are also super quiet!

About that detergent. May I suggest using the same powder as a regular machine but cut the amount in half. It works fine.

The Frigidaire and GE models from a couple of years ago have a dryer capacity of 5.7 cu ft. Although the washer is capable of double loads, the smaller dryer size seems to increase the likelyhood of wrinkles. Opt for the larger dryer if possible. The Maytag frontloader is all bells and whistles but it does do a great job...you pay for it through the nose though.

Thanx for letting me share!

trudyu:
One suggestion... Be sure to check out Sears scratch and dent stores (if you have one near you). We've bought many top of the line applainces there (with full warrenties) for several hundred $ below the price in the stores. You may find exactly what you are looking for and find that the only thing wrong with it is a scratch or small dent in one side.

galipengoose1:
My sister had a stackable what a laugh that was when mom got a hold of them.  Sis warned her to use a quater of the soap she normaly used.  Well mom did a load of laundery in the washer not only did we have clean stuff in the waher but clean kitchen floors while we were at it.  But they are still around almost 20 yrs. later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version