The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: liter box  (Read 10264 times)

bbbek

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: liter box
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
You might want to check with your vet to rule out any medical issues first.

It sounds behavioral, especially if you have two intact males. I get them neutered before they start spraying. In multiple cat households, you should have a litter box for each and a spare. I'd let him stay in the bathroom while you are gone or a large wire crate would be good too.

refuge821

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • Fantastically Frugal
    • View Profile
    • The Nature In Us
Re: liter box
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:30:44 PM »
There's a lot of behavioral info on a website of somebody that writes for our local newspaper on such issues.  You can find it here:
http://www.centerhillschool.com
The Nature In Us
www.thenatureinus.com
Nature & Travel Photos
donnawatkins.smugmug.com

andrew

liter box
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 03:23:37 AM »
I have 2 Maine Coons both males born one week apart and from different liters. I have had many Coons and know all to well how to deal with them, yet the younger of my two just started urinating in the water bowl and pooping in the food bowl. Also will urinate in liter box, but won't poop in it. I feel I'm dealing with a domination issue. Yesterday after he pooped in the front room I closed the door cutting of access to that room. As a result he took it out on me coming home to find that he pooped, and urinated on my bed. Let me tell you this is what I've been scared of this cat is around 26 pounds and his brother about 18 pounds. What do I do?    

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: