The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: covering a couch  (Read 19473 times)

tomd7735

Re: covering a couch
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »
Many mattresses are made with layers of foam. If you could salvage a few of these, you'd have plenty of foam. I'd spray them down with lysol and let them air-dry sufficiently to remove any odor. Try to avoid children's mattresses!

Vonnie

Re: covering a couch
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
Go to a store, craft, fabric or even Walmart and find the pillow inserts.  (ask for help if you need it!)  There will be stuffing material there as well.  :)

whmom35

covering a couch
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 04:16:48 PM »
I am wanting to cover my couch. The problem is it is an old couch with very little padding. All of the slip covers now days are for very padded furnature. I can buy a slip cover, but it won't fit my couch. Can any one tell me how to put extra padding on the furnature? I don't know what the padding would actually be called either so that I can go buy it and how much would I need for the arms and the back. I would also like to have more of a cushion to sit on. Do you have ideas on how to accomplish this also. In total, I have  a couch, love seat, and recliner that I would like to recover and have extra padding added to them.  Thank you for any advice you may have.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: