The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: witch hazel  (Read 23035 times)

sewnsew

• View Profile
Re: witch hazel
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »
Since Witch Hazel is mild, I have used it for dabbing on mosquitoe bites, and cleaning my dogs ears.  My vet tends to be "holistic" and even approved of it (Q-tips are still a no-no).

GLS

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 04:30:47 PM »
I used neat witch hazel as a cleansing astringent until I was about 24 (I'm female); since then, I dilute it under the tap by about half for a splash-on toner instead.

refuge821

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • Fantastically Frugal
    • View Profile
    • The Nature In Us
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 10:41:44 AM »
Do you have a brand of witch hazel that doesn't have alcohol in it?  All I've seen has alcohol and it really dries my skin out.
The Nature In Us
www.thenatureinus.com
Nature & Travel Photos
donnawatkins.smugmug.com

J Haaland

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 02:48:41 AM »
I have always just used my witch hazel straight from the bottle with a cotton ball and it works great!

layla

witch hazel
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:25:51 PM »
I noticed that many of you reccomend witch hazel as a natural frugal astringent. I was wondering if it was diluted before application or does anyone have any other reccomendations as to what can be added to it? thanx

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: