Author Topic: Bees  (Read 19455 times)

RobinS

• God Member Plus
  • God Member
  • banditsbuddies.com
    • View Profile
Re: Bees
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:06:25 PM »
I had this happen a couple times inside a place and I painted it with sunshine concentrate and it definitely did the trick, and safe for the environment too.
A Natural Approach to Life for you and your Pet.
www.banditsbuddies.com

Re: Bees
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:46:36 PM »
Wow! Thanks a lot. I will be doing this. I have been wondering about what to do about that for years. Your right, they are wasps.

sharingsunshine

• YaBB Administrator
  • Frugal is Fun
    • View Profile
    • The Frugal Life News Blog
Wasps in Birdhouses
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 08:16:35 AM »
You probably have paper wasps in the birdhouses.  They commonly build there on the inside roof of the nest box.  Use the end of a stick from the ground to knock off the wasp nest while wearing a pair of gloves to protect you from wasp stings. They are usually out and about during the afternoon which is a good time to do it.  Generally they leave one to guard the nest .... but you may be able to find it without any guarding.

They generally build elsewhere if a nest is destroyed, but they might try again in the same spot.  If the wasps repeatedly build in your nest box, coat the inside of the roof with a non-toxic substance like a thin application of Vaseline or Ivory soap: this will prevent them from building but won't bother the birds.

Bees
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 01:13:51 PM »
How can I keep bees out of my birdhouses?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: