The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Natural Drain Unclogger  (Read 24538 times)

admin

Re: Natural Drain Unclogger
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:38:07 PM »
Thanks for letting me know the amounts.  I will give that a try.

Randal

Not2wordy

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »
  On the baking soda and vinegar, I just sorta eyeball it. I pour enough baking soda down the drain until I can't pour any more, it will just sit there, and then I wet it down with vinegar. It will fizz!

After awhile, I will pour hot or boiling water down as a chaser to the other ingredients. Sometimes you can just pour a teakettle full of boiling water and it will take care of some minor problems.

Recently, however, the above solution didn't work, so I got some Liquid Plumber Gel. That did the trick! It does have some toxic chemicals, but it works in extreme cases. I highly recommend it.

admin

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 07:29:56 PM »
Hi Rayny,

Thanks for giving me that tip.  Can you also tell me what amounts to use of each?

Thanks,

Randal

rayny

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 12:32:36 AM »
Baking soda and white vinegar works great.

Rayny

admin

Natural Drain Unclogger
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 03:35:32 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone know of a natural means (using no toxic chemicals) to unstop a shower drain?

Thanks,

Randal

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: