The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Less Expensive Shea Butter and Flower Water  (Read 15300 times)

sadajak

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Less Expensive Shea Butter and Flower Water
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
Shea Butter is a great moisterizer for the most sensitive skin, and for the most dry skin. I've used it with success on very dry skin where nothing else worked, and it's not irritating. I have friends who use it on thier face & eyes with no irritation. But - it can be expensive. Especially the designer scented ones.
I've found shea butter (either fragrance free /refined or all natural raw) at web sites selling "soap making supplies" in bulk for as little as $5 or $6 for about 8 to 16 oz (as opposed to $20 or $30 for 4 oz in stores) - there is no fancy packaging, but who cares. Also - you can add essential oil to it to make it fragranced yourself. I've also found liquid shea buttter for much less than at stores.
I also like flower water - mostly rose - but other nice ones are lavander, cammomile, and there are a variety of them. I spray them on my face as a toner, moisturizer, you can also add them to the bath, use as linen spray or air freshner...they can be expensive also. The same search on-line for "soap making supplies" brings up sites which sell a great variety of flower water at larger quanapplesies for much less than getting it in a store.
Just google or yahoo "soap making supplies" and search through the various sites...you get a lot of great "ingredients" sold in bulk for cheap --- and they may be individual items you would use on thier own - but are packaged and sold in stores for much higher prices.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: