The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Ideas on how to make your own humidifier wicks?  (Read 20725 times)

deepali_bhatia

Re: Ideas on how to make your own humidifier wicks
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 05:40:29 AM »
hi,
i live in india, and i would really need to look up how your humidifier works.. but i can tell you how people in the desert areas keep cool...
they have made a panel of jute strings - tied loosely on a wooden frame. amd one end of it is dipped in water. a fan is placed behind it  - bringing in humdity as well as cool air to the room. you can modify the same for yourself.. i dunno how much jute strings will cost in your area.. in india.. its dirt cheap...
best of luck

bellafrau

Ideas on how to make your own humidifier wicks?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:23:10 PM »
I am unwilling to pay almost $10 for a humidifier wick to get the water closer to the fan for evaporation...but I can't think of what material I could use that would apples water but stand up...can you help?

Thanks!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: