The Frugal Life Forum

Author Topic: Yummy pet treats  (Read 14233 times)

U2MOMMA

• Practice random acts of kindness...
    • View Profile
Yummy pet treats
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:52:44 PM »
With the recent pet food recall, I've taken to making my own pet treats for my dogs and cats.  I've found them to be a treat that will bring an inattentive dog into the house and provide nutrition for a cat nursing kittens.

I use 3-1/2 to 4 cups of their regular dry food (dog or cat). I then add a handful of brewers yeast and garlic tablets and blend the ingredients in a blender until fine. I pour that into a large mixing bowl.

I then dump a container of chicken livers (I buy the manager's specials at the grocery store for half of the regular price - extras freeze well) and 3 eggs into the blender and puree.

I pour that mixture into the ground dry food and mix well.  After allowing the mixture to sit for about 5 minutes, I spoon it into a baking dish which has been sprayed or greased and press the mixture into the pan.

Bake for 25 minutes at 350.

I cut the "brownies" into small sizes.  The dogs/cats readily eat them, I know the treats they are eating are healthy and safe, and I spend a fraction for these treats than I do for those I purchase in the store.

Store the treats in a plastic bag and refrigerate.  They also freeze well and the frozen treats sooth the gums of teething pups, as well as providing all of the pets with a cool summer treat.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the most popular search engine?:
Enter the last three numbers in d71324gh: