May 3, 2003 at 4:11 am #20743
First, I’d check for leaks or sweating pipes. The dampness is coming from somewhere and it’s not whether the kitchen is on the sunny side of the house or not. If there are no obvious leaks or sweating pipes, go ahead and clean with the bleach to remove any existing mould and then try a product called Bio Absorbant. It’s an absorbent in a small plastic container. Simply remove the lid and place it under your sink. It offers a refreshing smell while absorbing excess dampness. Wal-Mart should have it in with their other cleaning/air freshener products. Good luck.