Skip to content
Home » Topics » A different kind of ant

A different kind of ant

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 18 years, 1 month ago by imported_sharingsunshine.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    imported_robalana
    Participant

I recently moved to the Bahamas from San Diego.  There is a different ant here, very very small,less than a 1/4 of the size of a sugar ant.  They move very fast, nowhere in particular, but as usual they love food on the counters and seem to hang out in the bathroom.  There is no way of telling how they are getting in since they are microscopic little things.  There is no lineup of them travelling in the house or anything…they just appear!  Has anyone else heard of these or have any solutions on how to get rid of them.  I have pets so anything that is harmful to pets is a no go.  

imported_Shadow
      Participant

Do these small pests have wings? I’ve seen these small bugs with wings flying around my bathroom. They don’t bother me much except when they fly around in my face. I don’t really know what they are and how to get rid of them and I don’t think they are winged ants.

imported_robalana
        Participant

No wings….I have found out they are called Argentinian ants.  

imported_sharingsunshine
          Participant

There's a large section of this website dealing with ants.  You can begin here:  https://www.thefrugallife.com/ants.html 

Use the search engine and you will find more information about ants.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.