Skip to content
Home » Topics » Cleaning » Mold out of pitcher…

Mold out of pitcher…

  • This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #20095
    Anonymous

      I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could get mold out of a pitcher.

      I was using it to keep flowers in, completely forgot about it, and ended up with mold on the bottom and a little on the sides.

      It’s sort of a family memory sort of thing- my grandmother gave it to my cousins- so I don’t want to ruin it or get rid of it.

      I was thinking of using bleach, but would it be safe to drink out of after?

      Thanks!

      #21431
      Anonymous

        How about rubbing the inside where the mold is with lemon juice and baking soda?

        #21441
        Anonymous

          Use efferdent or someother “false teeth” cleaner. Put hot water into the item you want to clean and then drop an efferdent tablet into the water. Let it dissolve and sit for awhile. Spill out and rinse with clear water. This is also great for vases. Syber

          #21447
          Anonymous

            Bleach will certainly work and it will be safe to drink out of later.  Just dilute the bleach  – -3 parts water to bleach and allow to sit overnight.  You’ll have to wash with lots of dishsoap and water once you have dumped the bleach mixture.  Depending on the type of container the bleach smell will dissappear immediately (glass) or in a few days if left open to the air (plastic).  Good Luck!

          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.