233 Ways to Make Money
by Randall Davidson – AudioTranscription
Many of our customers are entrepreneurs. In this post, I thought I’d try to light the entrepreneurial fire under some of our other readers by publishing the world’s longest list of ways to make money. I aimed to include as many ways to make money that don’t require special training as possible (and I’ll add to the list over time so bookmark it now). Without further ado, the list…
1. Sell your services as a freelancer. You can offer services including but not limited to web design, graphic design, copywriting, translation, etc. Some of the main freelancing websites include: Elance.com, Freelancer.com, Guru.com, vWorker.com, GetACoder.com (not just for coding) and oDesk.com. For a more comprehensive list of freelancing sites, visit this FreelanceSwitch.com article.
2. Run a college moving service. Do you have a truck or van? Run an end-of-the-school-year college moving service for fairly local students. Hang up flyers at the start of the finals period.
3. Become a holiday chef for hire. If you don’t celebrate Christmas and/or Thanksgiving, advertise yourself as a holiday dinner chef for hire. This will give your employer(s) more time with family.
4. Take headshots. Advertise on bulletin boards near college theater departments.
5. Take care of laundromats. Do you live near an unattended laundromat? The two biggest issues the owners of unattended laundromats face are (1) cleanliness and (2) the presence of quarters in the change machine (they also face security concerns, which they address with video cameras). You can take these two major concerns off the owner’s plate by just checking in once a day for a fee. The owner won’t have to go out of his/her way to do so and you’ll make some easy money.
6. Become a campus rep. If you’re in college, you can become a campus rep for a company. Here are some campus rep programs: Apple, Uloop.com, Koofers.com. Just search “campus rep” in Google.
7. Learn to build simple WordPress.org (self-hosted) websites (there are plenty of online guides). Provide these services to local businesses that don’t yet have websites. There are 1000s of free WordPress themes available, meaning you don’t need to know anything about design to be successful building simple WordPress.org websites (you just have to buy hosting, install WordPress and a free theme and add the business’ content).8. Sell unwanted clothes to thrift shops. Get the other 225 Ways to Make Money