This Privacy Notice applies to all Personally Identifiable Information (defined below) that is collected by The Herbs Place through our online properties (the “Sites. See Section 9)
Keeping personally identifiable information secure is a top priority for The Herbs Place Products, Inc. (“THE HERBS PLACE,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). This privacy statement outlines our views and practices and how they pertain to you as a customer or visitor to the Sites. Please check back periodically, as these policies may change and your subsequent use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of such changes. However, our fundamental commitment to protecting visitors’ privacy will not change.
- Collection of Information
- Information You Volunteer. We only collect personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide while using our services, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). You may always choose not to provide us with information. However, we may not be able to provide you with the services you have requested. Visitors may access the Site without disclosing PII.
- Information Collected Automatically. We do not automatically log PII nor do we link information automatically logged by other means PII about specific individuals. However, we may record certain information that becomes available to us through your use of the Site, including, without limitation, the number of visitors and frequency of visits to the Site, the websites that you access immediately before and after the Site, the Internet browser you use, and your IP address. If we use this information, it is only on an aggregate basis.
- Do Not Track Requests. Web browsers may allow you to send a “Do Not Track” request with your browsing traffic, which would enable anonymous browsing of the Site. We honor Do Not Track requests from web browsers. However, anonymous browsing may prevent us from providing you with full functionality of the Site.
- Use of Information
If you choose to provide us with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will use it to provide you with the services you have requested, to serve you with content, to analyze trends, and to enhance your overall experience while visiting the Site. You may also subscribe to email lists. Whereas each list has a fully compliant unsubscribe option in every issue.
If you purchase at THE HERBS PLACE, we will also use your PII to (1) provide services to you (such as processing product orders); (2) provide you with additional services; and (3) ensure compliance with legal obligations. In furtherance of these purposes, THE HERBS PLACE may share your information with its parent company in the United States.
We do not collect, use, or disclose personal data for any other purposes that are materially different from the purposes set forth herein, but if we wish to do so, we always obtain your consent first and offer you the choice to opt out of such collection, use, or disclosure.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
THE HERBS PLACE may use internal and external service providers to operate the Site and perform other work on our behalf in the course of providing you with services you have requested. These service providers may have access to your Personally Identifiable Information, but are contractually bound to use your PII only for the purpose of performing their duties.
THE HERBS PLACE does not currently sell, trade or rent your PII to any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes. We value your privacy and will not jeopardize our relationship with you by selling your information to solicitors without your prior consent.
THE HERBS PLACE may, however, share your PII to fulfill our legal obligations (i) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) in response to lawful requests by private parties, in connection with a lawsuit, subpoena, investigation or similar proceeding, (iii) to respond to a matter of personal or public safety, (iv) to investigate security incidents, (v) to protect our interests, rights and property, or (v) in the event of a sale or transfer of assets, or in the context of similar business negotiations.
- Security of Information
THE HERBS PLACE takes administrative, technical and physical measures to help ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information remains accurate, timely and secure. However, no data transmission over the Internet, or through an electronic database, is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we strive to protect your information through measures such as the following steps, we cannot guarantee or warrant its security:
- THE HERBS PLACE uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to ensure a secure connection whenever transmitting or receiving personal information. With SSL, information transmitted between two computers via the Internet is sent in an encrypted format so that only the sending and receiving computers can decode it. SSL ensures that no one intercepts any of your personal information while it is being transferred to us. A secure connection is maintained until the checkout process is either completed or canceled.
- THE HERBS PLACE restricts access to PII to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to perform their jobs. They are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your PII and may be disciplined or terminated for failing to meet these obligations.
- Data Integrity & Access or Corrections
THE HERBS PLACE will keep Personally Identifiable Information in active files or systems as long as necessary in order to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required to perform our contractual relationship with our customers. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate and complete and will update or correct your information as needed when notified by you. You may request copies of your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us at our contact information listed below in Section 10 and representatives may edit your personal information by accessing your account profile.
The Site is a general audience website and is not designed or targeted at children. THE HERBS PLACE does not knowingly collect, use or disseminate any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we may have collected information from your child on the Sites, please contact us and we will make reasonable efforts to delete the information from our records.
- Third-Party Links
- Privacy Shield Statement
THE HERBS PLACE recognizes that the European Union and its member states have a data protection regime that generally restricts the transfer of PII about individuals located in the EU to recipients located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). EEA data subjects who have questions or complaints regarding THE HERBS PLACE’s transfer or treatment of their personally identifiable information may file a complaint with THE HERBS PLACE at the contact information below. In addition, THE HERBS PLACE is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Transportation, and any other authorized U.S. statutory body.
- Scope of Policy
This privacy statement pertains to all activities on the following sites;
This list may be amended or shortened without notice. We encourage you to check back from time to time.
- Questions and Complaints
THE HERBS PLACE takes your privacy seriously. If you believe we have not complied with this privacy statement, please contact us so we can investigate your complaint.
The Herbs Place
2920 Summerhurst Drive
Midlothian, VA 231132
Please summarize the nature of your question in the subject line of any email you send.