Skip to content
Home » Topics » Cleaning plastic

Cleaning plastic

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    imported_tk625
    Participant

I have a bathroom toilet seat that is plastic with a white mother of pearl finish.  Over a few years the seat has turned a bit yellowish from perspiration I guess.  I clean it several times a week!   Can anyone give me a hint as how to restore or remove the yellowish color?  I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can give me.  tk625

imported_Breeni
      Participant

This chemical is VERY harsh, so you have to wear gloves and make sure none gets on your skin, but we used The Works toilet cleaner on our bowls, which were brown and yellow stained from our hard water.  Nothing else, including Clorox, would work, but The Works did beautifully, and it is only about $0.96 at Wal-Mart.  Maybe soaking the seat in a tub of water with a portion of the cleanser?  It’s worth a try!

Anonymous

Thanks Breeni, I will try it.  We already put a new seat on  the upstairs toilet – but this one would work well for the bathroom in the basement   esp. if your idea works.  

In fact, I think I might have The Works toilet bowl cleaner in the house.   tk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.