Skip to content
Home » Topics » Yummy pet treats

Yummy pet treats

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    imported_U2MOMMA
    Participant

With the recent pet food recall, I’ve taken to making my own pet treats for my dogs and cats.  I’ve found them to be a treat that will bring an inattentive dog into the house and provide nutrition for a cat nursing kittens.

I use 3-1/2 to 4 cups of their regular dry food (dog or cat). I then add a handful of brewers yeast and garlic tablets and blend the ingredients in a blender until fine. I pour that into a large mixing bowl.

I then dump a container of chicken livers (I buy the manager’s specials at the grocery store for half of the regular price – extras freeze well) and 3 eggs into the blender and puree.

I pour that mixture into the ground dry food and mix well.  After allowing the mixture to sit for about 5 minutes, I spoon it into a baking dish which has been sprayed or greased and press the mixture into the pan.

Bake for 25 minutes at 350.

I cut the “brownies” into small sizes.  The dogs/cats readily eat them, I know the treats they are eating are healthy and safe, and I spend a fraction for these treats than I do for those I purchase in the store.

Store the treats in a plastic bag and refrigerate.  They also freeze well and the frozen treats sooth the gums of teething pups, as well as providing all of the pets with a cool summer treat.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.